Benson Memorial Library will return to LOBBY SERVICE ONLY on Monday, November 23, 2020 due to substantial local and county spread of COVID-19.
During lobby service, patrons can walk up to the library doors any time during the hours below to request service (books, DVDs, magazines, printing, copying, faxing, digital newspapers, getting a library card, etc.).
Patrons can also place holds on materials online or by phone and stop by to pick them up (a courtesy call before arrival is appreciated).
- Monday 11am-7pm
- Tuesday 9am-5pm
- Wednesday 11am-7pm
- Thursday 9am-5pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 10am-2pm
MASKS & SOCIAL DISTANCING
Masks must be worn at all times when picking up materials or walking up to the library for service and patrons are asked to maintain social distancing. Masks will be provided to those who need them.
- Contactless checkout (request materials online, via phone, or walk up)
- Printing, copying, faxing
- Newspapers (digital only)
- VHS digitization (by appointment only)
- Interlibrary loan
- New/renewed library cards
- Online Resources – Libby & Overdrive & More
- Free WiFi is available outside the library 24/7
SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE
- Meeting rooms
- Storytimes, programs/events – all held virtually on Facebook!
- Please no donations at this time as we are unable to process them – we suggest Associated Charities or Goodwill!
RETURNED ITEM QUARANTINE
All library items will be quarantined before being lent out again to patrons. If you get an overdue notice for something you returned, don’t worry! The item is just spending some alone time in quarantine.
Strict cleaning procedures are followed for the library premises and all materials for the safety of patrons and library staff. The library is being treated with an antimicrobial surface shield that will kill germs on contact. Staff will wipe down common surfaces continuously during the day.
NO ACCRUED FINES
Patrons are encouraged to return their items via the outdoor bookdrop. No fines will be accrued during the pandemic. Fines that pre-date the pandemic closure still apply. Overdue fines less than $10 can be waived upon request to the director.
HOW TO DO CONTACTLESS PICKUP:
- Place holds online at catalog.ccfls.org OR by phone at 814-827-2913
- Don’t know how to place a hold online? Click here for an easy instruction guide!
- If you are a senior citizen, disabled, and/or are immunocompromised or a high-risk person and need special assistance please let us know so we can make special arrangements to serve you.
- Let us know you are coming to pick up your items or walk up to the front lobby and ring the bell for service.
STATE AND FEDERAL GUIDELINES FOLLOWED IN THIS REOPENING PLAN
- November 23, 2020 PA Governor Office Update
- Framework for Reopening Libraries by OCL
- Guidance for Businesses Permitted to Operate during the COVID-19 Disaster Emergency to Ensure the Safety and Health of Employees and the Public
- Pennsylvania Public Health Safety Measures for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-Person Operations
- Pennsylvania Building Safety Measures
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- CDC Interim Guidance for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
- State Library of Pennsylvania – Answers to Frequently Asked Questions – What are recommendations for disinfecting returned library materials?