Benson Memorial Library will reopen for in-library service on Monday, August 24th at 11:00am! The reopening comes with new hours. Saturday hours to be added later this fall.
- Monday 11am-7pm
- Tuesday 9am-5pm
- Wednesday 11am-7pm
- Thursday 9am-5pm
- Friday: Contactless lobby pickup only! 9am-5pm
MASKS & SOCIAL DISTANCING
Masks must be worn at all times within all Crawford County libraries and patrons are asked to maintain social distancing. Masks will be provided to those who need them. Contactless lobby pickup is available every Friday for those unable to comply with mask requirements or who wish to continue contactless service and pickup.
For the safety of patrons and staff, library access will be limited to 20 people at a time.
- Library browsing & checkout (please limit to 30 minutes or less)
- Computer use (please limit to 60 minutes or less)
- Printing, copying, faxing
- Newspapers (digital only)
- VHS digitization (by appointment only)
- Interlibrary loan
- New/renewed library cards
- eResources – Libby & Overdrive
- Free WiFi is available outside the library 24/7
- Computer and equipment/device assistance
- Seating (except for computers)
- Meeting rooms
- Storytimes, programs/events – all held virtually on Facebook!
- Please no donations at this time as we are unable to process them – we suggest Associated Charities or Goodwill!
RETURNED ITEM QUARANTINE
All library items will be quarantined before being lent out again to patrons. If you get an overdue notice for something you returned, don’t worry! The item is just spending some alone time in quarantine.
Strict cleaning procedures are followed for the library premises and all materials for the safety of patrons and library staff. The library is being treated with an antimicrobial surface shield that will kill germs on contact. Staff will wipe down common surfaces continuously during the day.
NO ACCRUED FINES
Patrons are encouraged to return their items via the outdoor bookdrop. No fines will be accrued during the pandemic. Fines that pre-date the pandemic closure still apply. Overdue fines less than $10 can be waived upon request to the director.
HOW TO DO FRIDAY CONTACTLESS PICKUP AFTER AUGUST 24:
- Place holds online at catalog.ccfls.org OR by phone at 814-827-2913
- Don’t know how to place a hold online? Click here for an easy instruction guide!
- Pickup times will be scheduled individually with patrons.
- If you are a senior citizen, disabled, and/or are immunocompromised or a high-risk person and need special assistance please let us know at the time an appointment is made so we can make special arrangements to serve you.
- Arrive at the library during your pickup time
- Items will be in a bag labeled with the first three letters of last name and last four digits of library card number on a table in the entryway.
- Items are already checked out to you and no further action is needed on your part.
SUMMER READING PRIZES
- Summer Reading prizes can be picked up at the library anytime after August 24
- Major prize winners will be contacted about their prizes!
STATE AND FEDERAL GUIDELINES FOLLOWED IN THIS REOPENING PLAN
- Framework for Reopening Libraries by OCL
- Guidance for Businesses Permitted to Operate during the COVID-19 Disaster Emergency to Ensure the Safety and Health of Employees and the Public
- Pennsylvania Public Health Safety Measures for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-Person Operations
- Pennsylvania Building Safety Measures
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- CDC Interim Guidance for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
- State Library of Pennsylvania – Answers to Frequently Asked Questions – What are recommendations for disinfecting returned library materials?