Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, meeting rooms are not currently available for booking.
Use of Rooms
- Library meeting rooms are available for public gatherings of non-profit organizations. Other groups must have board approval.
- Rooms may not be used for social or religious purposes, nor for political or partisan purposes presenting only one side of a controversial matter, nor when in the judgment of the librarian any disorder is likely to occur.
- Rooms are scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis and will be assigned in the order requests are made. Only one room reservation may be made at a time.
- Reservations may be made by telephone, but all first-use applicants must fill out a Meeting Room Scheduling Form to be kept on file in the Library.
Cancellations or Denials
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any reservation if the room is needed for Library-sponsored meetings, with one week’s notice.
- Upon adequate notice and for adequate reasons, the Librarian may revoke permission to use any meeting room.
- Misuse of rooms shall result in cancellation of further use.
- Infringement of the rules shall result in cancellation of further use.
- The Librarian shall inform the Board of Directors of cancellations or denials.
- The Library assumes no financial obligation for cancelled programs.
Hours of Meetings
- Meetings may be scheduled only during regular Library hours.
- Groups required to pay rental fees will be determined by their responses to questions on the Scheduling Form.
- A fee of $25.00 for Extraordinary Custodial Service will be assessed if any room is left in a condition which would require more than normal cleaning.
- Failure to pay any fee within a reasonable amount of time will be considered adequate reason for revoking permission for further use.
- Groups may restrict meetings to their own members, but they must pay the rental/maintenance fee.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited.
- An adult must attend and take responsibility for school age programs
- Groups must pay any and all damage which may occur to Library property during the time of occupancy.
- Groups shall be responsible for any advance preparations for their meetings.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet in the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs.
- The Library assumes no liability in the use of its facilities.
- Use of the building must be in accordance with legal requirements including fire and safety regulations.
Revised and approved 2/8/16
Meeting Room Scheduling Form