Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are NOT currently able to accept any donations.
Benson Memorial Library typically holds two book sales every calendar year: the Spring Mini Book Sale and the Yearly Fall Book Sale. The current status of 2021 book sales is unknown due to the pandemic. Dates for the Benson Memorial Library Booksale will be announced on the Benson Memorial Library Facebook page.
Benson Memorial Library follows the Donated Materials Policy (listed below) as a guide.
Benson Memorial Library will not add donated materials to the library collection unless a special consideration is made by the Executive Director. If a community member would like to make a donation to the library please read our Memorial and Honor Gift Policy.
The Benson Memorial Library accepts donations of the following:
- Music CDs
- Music Cassettes
- Vinyl records
The Benson Memorial Library does not accept the following donations:
- Encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Items containing information that is out of date
- Items that have a strong smell
- Items that are dirty or moldy
The Benson Memorial Library accepts donations for the sole purpose of of selling the items at booksale events held at the Benson Memorial Library or via the Benson Memorial Library Amazon Booksellers Account. All proceeds from these sales go towards Benson Memorial Library programs and repairs to the Benson Memorial Library building and grounds.
If donated items are unsold, the Benson Memorial Library reserves the right to:
- Discard or recycle the items
- Pass along the items to other charities or libraries
- Work with Better World Books, an online bookseller who collects unwanted and unsold items and either sells or donates books to fund literacy initiatives worldwide.
Approved by the Benson Memorial Library Board of Directors on August 15, 2017.
The Benson Memorial Library can provide you with a Book Donation receipt by clicking on the link here.