eBooks, Consumer Reports, and more, the Benson Memorial Library has a number of digital resources that you can use 24/7 with your library card. Follow the links in the drop down menu to connect to a digital resource.
- Ancestry Library Edition- Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases. Here, you can unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more. PLEASE NOTE: Ancestry Library Edition Ancestry Library Edition is only available inside of the Benson Memorial Library building via one of our public computers or via a laptop/phone/tablet connected to our wifi network.
- Ask Here PA- Ask real librarians about any topic 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- CCFLS OverDrive eBooks- Borrow eBooks from our OverDrive collection
- Consumer Reports- Consumer Reports Online is now available through Erie-Crawford District Library services. If asked for a Patron ID, please enter your POWER code from the blue sticker on your library card.
- ePrep- Practice the SAT, ACT, PSAT and more, under timed conditions online grading and video review to improve skills.
- GALE Literature Criticism Online- GALE Literature Criticism Online represents a range of modern and historical views on authors and their works across regions, eras and genres presented as digitized pdfs and reader versions of full text and excerpts. Download, print and email article features are available, as well as citations and translations into multiple languages. ECPL/Public Libraries of Erie County resource ~ Library card required – Also available to Crawford County residents.
- PA State Library Digital Photos and Documents Collection- A collection of digitized historical documents and photos curated by the State Library of Pennsylvania.
- POWER Library- Search for articles in magazines, journals, and encyclopedia. Find images for school projects. Locate repair information to fix your car. Get informed about medical issues.
ACCESS PENNSYLVANIA’S POWER Library services are funded primarily by:
These funds are administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
OCL reserves the right to change or terminate the ACCESS PENNSYLVANIA POWER Library program based on the availability of funding, program needs, or the availability of vendors that can provide qualified services.
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s “Library Access” budget line item; and
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Testing & Education Reference Center- TERC – the Testing & Education Reference Center offers test preparation & practice exams for high school, college entrance, professional certification and licensing, military, and civil service. Peterson’s ebooks are available as well as tools for Career Assessment, a Resume Builder and the Virtual Careers Library. ECPL/Public Libraries of Erie County resource ~ Library card required – Also available to Crawford County residents.
- Titusville Herald Newspaper Archive- (In-library use only)
- Universal Class- Over 500 online continuing education courses are now available through our website!
These video based courses are for patrons interested in personal or professional growth. As a student, you can sign up for 5 classes at a time & can learn on your own time at your own pace. There is a wide range of subjects which are offered from expert instructors giving continual feedback. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) can be earned on selected courses.
- Useful Links