Executive Director: Benson Memorial Library – Titusville, PA 16354
The Benson Memorial Library is seeking an energetic, public service oriented, and forward-thinking professional to serve as Executive Director of the public library Executive Director. The Executive Director is a full time, salaried position with benefits, including vacation time, holidays, and contributions toward health insurance and retirement. Located in the heart of Titusville, PA, and the Oil Region, the Benson Memorial Library is a unique and vital part of the quality of life in the Titusville area. Since 1904, the Benson Memorial Library has served as a community center and facilitator of lifelong learning in a service area of approximately 15,000 residents. The Benson Memorial Library is a 501c3 nonprofit and is a member of the Crawford County Federated Library System (ccfls.org).
- A Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program and certification by the State of PA as a professional librarian.
Experience working in public libraries, preferably for at least three years.
- Supervisory experience.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm, and friendliness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and significant knowledge of current and new technologies affecting public libraries
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Library and the services to the community in accordance with the Library’s mission and policies.
- Manage the library’s day to day finances, including preparing a budget, monitoring expenditures, and applying for grants in coordination with the Fiscal Analyst.
- Work with a seven-member Board of Directors to develop and review policies, prepare and manage the yearly budget, manage the Library Endowment, and work on other projects related to the overall vision of the library.
- Manage and select the library collection.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the library staff.
- Lead fundraising and grant writing efforts to assist library programs, events, and building maintenance.
- Manage the overall maintenance of the building and grounds of the Benson Memorial Library in keeping with the building’s historic quality.
- Represent the library at all Crawford County Federated Library System (CCFLS) meetings. Adhere to any State Library of Pennsylvania guidelines and complete any reports requested or mandated by the State Library of Pennsylvania.
Candidates must provide the following clearances and training certificate before beginning work: PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Background Check, and Mandated Reporter Training
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starts at $37,500.00, negotiable based on experience, plus vacation time, holidays, and contributions toward health insurance and retirement.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, three references, and clearances to: Benson Memorial Library ℅ Stephen Coleman: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Benson Memorial Library provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees.