CRAWFORD COUNTY RESIDENTS
ALL residents of Crawford County or those that own property in Crawford County are able to get a library card free of charge. Crawford County residents and property owners are able to get a library card through a dedicated library tax at 6/10’s of one mil that assists in the funding of all Crawford County Libraries. One mill equals $1 for every $1,000 in a property’s assessed value. Titusville Area School District taxes do not support the Benson Memorial Library.
**please note that there are a few exceptions to this statement which are outlined below in the “Exceptions” section***
VENANGO COUNTY RESIDENTS WITHOUT A BORROWING AGREEMENT
The Benson Memorial Library currently does not have a borrowing agreement with the following Venango County Townships:
- Cherrytree Township
- Allegheny Township
- Oil Creek Township Venango County
Residents of one of these Venango County Townships may obtain a card for an annual fee of $15.00. One card may be used as a family card.
To check to see if you reside in one of these townships, please click here to visit the Municipal Statistics website.
VENANGO COUNTY RESIDENTS WITH A BORROWING AGREEMENT
The Benson Memorial Library currently has a borrowing agreement with Pleasantville Borough. Residents of Pleasantville Borough or owners of property in Pleasantville Borough are able to get a library card at the Benson Memorial Library free of charge. To check to see if you reside in Pleasantville Borough, please click here to visit the Municipal Statistics Website.
ACCESS PA LIBRARY CARD HOLDERS
The Benson Memorial Library participates in the Statewide Access PA Library Card System sponsored by the Commonwealth Libraries. All residents of Crawford County, those that own property in Crawford County, residents of Pleasantville Borough, and owners of property in Pleasantville Borough will receive an Access PA sticker.
If your home library card has an Access PA sticker on it, this enables you to get a library card at another participating Statewide Access PA Library Card System and you will be able to borrow library materials at that library.
You must request an ACCESS PA sticker at your home public library.
TEMPORARY NON RESIDENTS
The Benson Memorial Library will issue a library card to residents of temporary addresses in Crawford County. Temporary non residents are eligible for a free library card with accompanying paperwork stating their temporary residence. One card per family will be issued. Temporary Non Residents are defined as follows:
- Individuals living at the St. James House or Shadyside Hotel: These temporary library cards expire 3 months from issue date and have a limit of 5 books and 1 DVD/game per checkout.
- University of Pittsburgh Titusville Students: These temporary cards expire 6 months from issue date and have no limit on books and 2 DVDs/video games/videos per checkout.
The following townships & boroughs have entered into borrowing agreements with other libraries. Residents of these townships & boroughs must obtain a library card with an Access PA sticker at their home public library before they are able to get a library card at the Benson Memorial Library.
- Bloomfield Township/Canadohta Lake: need card with Access PA sticker from Union City
- Spartansburg Boro: need card with Access PA sticker from Corry
- Sparta Township: need card with Access PA sticker from Corry
- Oil City: need card with Access PA sticker from Oil City
- Southwest Township: need card with Access PA sticker from Warren
- Plum Township: need card with Access PA sticker from Cooperstown
- Youth who are old enough to write their names may obtain their own library card. The parent or legal guardian must be present to sign the library card application and show proper identification for all youth up to the age of 15.