For 115 years, our goal at the Benson Memorial Library has been to bring our community together to learn, to communicate with each, and to grow together. 2018 was quite a wonderful year for us and we wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued support. We couldn’t do it without you.
The Benson Memorial Library is for everyone in our community. Be it a new book, a movie, a library event, or help with technology, we are here for everyone. When we all work together we can accomplish amazing things. The Benson Memorial Library is the place in our community where we come together and share life.
No matter what your request is, be it your desire to read the latest best seller, needing assistance with creating a resume to apply for a job, or attending one of our free events for kids, teens, and adults at the library, the staff at the Benson Memorial Library is always extremely willing to help out our community members. We are always doing our best to listen to what you need.
These days you may hear people wondering outloud why public libraries exist in our modern age. In a world dominated by technology, public libraries are increasingly becoming more important in bringing us all together. Here at the Benson Memorial Library we are not only just about books and information. We are all about people and our community. Our goal is to bring people together to share life and experiences. Stop in any time and you’ll see what a vibrant place our public library is these days. There’s almost a 100% guarantee you’ll run into your neighbor or friend and spend a few minutes having a nice chat. We promise you’ll leave with a smile.
In 2019 we’ll continue to make exciting steps towards the future. We promise to always be there for our community.
If you haven’t stopped in the Benson Memorial Library in awhile, we’d love to see you again and show you some of the great things we have to offer. You are always welcome at the library.
Here’s some of the things that happened in 2018 that we’re super proud of:
- We loaned out a total of 65,353 items to the Titusville area community.
- We currently offer 44,168 items in our library collection.
- We were open to the public for 301.5 days. During that time we were visited 62,011 times.
- We hosted 283 events for kids and teens.Total attendance at these events was 7,978.
- We hosted 85 events for adults & families.Total attendance at these events was 2,747.
- We hosted 130 events & programs for our community partners.Total attendance at these events & programs was 1,150.
- Our free Wifi network was utilized 20,039 times.Our free public computers were utilized 8,045 times.
- 400 kids, teens, & adults took part in our Summer Reading Program.
- 80 adults took part in our new Winter Reading Program.
- Our staff historian completed 209 research requests.
- We began offering free access to Ancestry.com in the library, which was searched 6,286 times.
- Thanks to the Fleming Family Foundation, we installed a new public restroom downstairs in the library for guests attending one of our many free events & programs.