Located in the heart of Titusville, Pennsylvania, the Benson Memorial Library is a unique and vital part of the quality of life in the Titusville area. Since 1904, the Benson Memorial Library has served as the community center and facilitator of lifelong learning in the area.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Benson Memorial Library is to provide the community with open access to quality informational, educational, and cultural resources.
The Benson Memorial Library offers a wide variety of materials and services for the community, including:
- Access to our collection of books, DVDs, audio books, puzzles and games, and more.
- Access to public computers, copiers, printers, fax machine, and other technology.
- A number of weekly events which are free and open to the public.
- Access to our Benson Collection, a local history collection that features books, maps, and other publications relating to this area and the oil industry.
- Complete back issues of the Titusville Herald dating from 1865, and genealogical materials.
- Public space to meet, work, and relax.
- Free programs that encourage the arts, culture, and lifelong learning for all ages.
Memberships to the Benson Memorial Library are free to most residents of Crawford County and Pleasantville Borough. ACCESS Pennsylvania memberships are also accepted free of charge. Nonresidents may become members by paying a prorated fee. (As of 1/1/2017, Oil Creek Twp. Venango County residents are considered nonresidents and may be able to use the library by paying a prorated fee)