Located in the heart of Titusville, Pennsylvania, the Benson Memorial Library is a unique and vital part of the quality of life in the Titusville area. Since 1904, the Benson Memorial Library has served as the community center and facilitator of lifelong learning in the area.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Benson Memorial Library is to provide the community with open access to quality informational, educational, and cultural resources.
The Benson Memorial Library offers a wide variety of materials and services for the community, including:
- Access to our collection of books, DVDs, audio books, puzzles and games, and more.
- Access to public computers, copiers, printers, fax machine, and other technology.
- A number of weekly events which are free and open to the public.
- Access to our Benson Collection, a local history collection that features books, maps, and other publications relating to this area and the oil industry.
- Complete back issues of the Titusville Herald dating from 1865, and genealogical materials.
- Public space to meet, work, and relax.
- Free programs that encourage the arts, culture, and lifelong learning for all ages.
Memberships to the Benson Memorial Library are free to most residents of Crawford County and Pleasantville Borough. ACCESS Pennsylvania memberships are also accepted free of charge. Nonresidents may become members by paying a prorated fee. (As of 1/1/2017, Oil Creek Twp. Venango County residents are considered nonresidents and may be able to use the library by paying a prorated fee)
All cardholders, regardless of age, have the right to access all materials in the Library and to borrow anything circulating item. Parents and legal guardians are responsible for monitoring the use of library materials by their children. Selection of library materials for adults is not limited by the possibility that children may come in contact with them, The Library does not act in loco parentis and is not responsible for inadvertent viewing at the library. (Taken from the Benson Memorial Library Collection Development Policy, Adopted by the Board of Directors on August 17, 2016.)